Frequently Asked Questions

General Questions


What are the steps to register for voting?

Access the Florida Voter Registration website. If you have inquiries, contact 1-866-308-6739 or visit the Florida Online Voter Registration System at

How can I provide suggestions to enhance MyACCESS?

Your input matters to us. Feel free to share your feedback or comments about the site.

Is there a mobile application available for MyACCESS?

No, but MyACCESS is compatible with most mobile devices. Log in anytime to access your information on any device.

Apply For Benefits

How can I verify the status of my application?

  1. Navigate to your Dashboard.
  2. Locate ‘Your Applications and Cases.’

How can I rectify an error on my application?

Once your application is submitted, you cannot make changes. Notify your caseworker during the interview. Alternatively, submit a separate change online through your account or call 850-300-4323.

How can I determine my eligibility for a program?

Each program has distinct eligibility criteria. Refer to Program Descriptions in the Help & Resources sections for specific details on program eligibility.

What is the application processing procedure?

  1. We receive your application.
  2. Your application undergoes review.
  3. If additional information is required, your caseworker will contact you via mail or phone.
  4. For inquiries about your application, contact the customer call center or visit a local service center or community partner office.
  5. Once all information is gathered, your caseworker assesses your eligibility.
  6. You will receive a Notice of Case Action (NOCA) by mail, outlining your application status.
  7. Contact the eligibility worker for clarification or if you disagree with the information.
  8. If you still dispute the decision, you have the right to request a hearing within 90 days from the notice date.

What if I forget my application number?

Retrieve your number through “Applications and Cases” or “My History.”

How can I get assistance with completing the application?

While MyACCESS offers on-screen guidance, additional help is available at community partner locations, local service centers, or by calling the Customer Call Center at 1-850-300-4323.

When will I be informed about the status of my application?

Processing may take up to 30 days (longer for disability determinations). Opt-in for email notifications for faster updates. Without email notification, notices will be sent by mail.

Will my immigration status be reported to authorities?

No, it is solely used to determine your eligibility for benefits.


How can I retain a permanent record of a notice?

A notice will be stored in the “View Notices” message center for three years. To keep a notice beyond that period, it is recommended to print and/or save the notice for your records.

How do I choose to receive Email Notifications?

  1. Click the circle with your initials in the top right.
  2. Click “Manage Your Account” in the drop-down menu.
  3. Select “Communications Preferences” to display the different options.
  4. Enter the new email in the provided box.
  5. Click the “Update” button at the bottom of the page.

How do I know if I have a new notice to view?

If you are enrolled in Email Notifications:

  1. Sign in to MyACCESS.
  2. In the “Things to do” section, you will find “Notices” listed.
  3. Select the “View your Notices” link.
  4. Unread notices have a dark blue left edge.
  5. The most recent documents are at the top.

You can also access this through the bell icon at the top right of your dashboard.

If you are not enrolled in Email Notifications, you will receive notices in the mail, but they can still be viewed in your account following the steps above.

How do I set up Email Notifications?

You have two options:

Option 1:

  1. In your account, find ‘Things to Do.’
  2. Click ‘Go paperless now.’
  3. Follow the instructions and fill in your email to receive notices.

Option 2:

  1. Click the circle with your initials in the top right.
  2. Click “Manage Your Account” in the menu that pops up.
  3. Select “Communications Preferences” to display the different options.
  4. Click the circle next to “No” to change to “Yes” under your case number.
  5. Enter your email in the box provided.
  6. Click the “Update” button at the bottom of the page.

How do I stop receiving Email Notifications?

You can opt out of Email Notifications in your account.

  1. Click the circle with your initials in the top right.
  2. Click “Manage Your Account” in the menu that pops up.
  3. Select “Communications Preferences” to display the different options.
  4. Click the circle next to “Yes” to change to “No” under your case number.
  5. Click the “Update” button at the bottom of the page.

How long do notices stay in my Message Center inbox?

A notice remains in the Message Center inbox for three years.

I’m not receiving Email Notices, but I am signed up to receive them. What should I do?

  1. Check your spam folder.
  2. Verify that your email address is correct in “Manage your Account.”
  3. In “Communications Preferences,” confirm that you checked the right option for Email Notifications.
  4. Add our email to your address book to ensure that alerts go to your regular inbox. If notices appear in your spam or bulk folders, adjust your email program settings.

What are Email Notifications?

They are email alerts that inform you of new information or actions needed in your MyACCESS account.

What types of notifications can I receive?

Notifications can be from a caseworker or system-generated, providing information or indicating required actions.

My Benefits

How can I obtain a temporary Medicaid Card?

To request a temporary Medicaid card from your account:

  1. In the “Applications and Cases” section, click the “View Case Details” button under the benefits list.
  2. Click on “View Program Details” for the person requiring a temporary card.
  3. Select “Print Medicaid Card.”

How do I replace a lost, damaged, or stolen Medicaid Card?

You can request a replacement Medicaid card from your account:

  1. On your Dashboard, find the “What else would you like to do?” section.
  2. Look for the “Card Replacement” option.
  3. Click on “Request a replacement EBT or Medicaid Card” and follow the prompts.

I currently receive benefits, but I don’t see my information in MyACCESS. What can I do?

From the Dashboard, you can request to link your case to your account.

What information about my case can I view?

You can view the following information on MyACCESS:

  • Renewals
  • Pending Letters, Case notifications like Notices of Case Action, or other communications
  • MyACCESS Case Details, including:
    • Programs you are enrolled in, and people enrolled in the program
    • Benefit Amounts and renewal dates
    • Share of Cost monthly amount

When will I see my benefits? I applied, but I don’t see anything on MyACCESS.

It may take up to 30 days to process your application (longer if you need a disability determination). If approved, your benefits information and a copy of the approval letter can be viewed on MyACCESS.

For Food Assistance (SNAP) or Cash Assistance (TCA) recipients eligible and without an active card in the last two years, a separate EBT card will be mailed. If you have a card from the last two years, you can check your balance on that card or request a replacement if needed.

Where can I download proof of my benefits?

Verification of benefits is available in your MyACCESS account if you have linked your case:

  1. Look under the “What else would you like to do?” section for “View Notices.”
  2. Clicking this will open the message center where you can download or print your Notice of Case Action for the approved benefits.

Document Upload

How can I confirm that the department has received my document?

Upon successful document submission, you will receive a receipt confirming the upload. The caseworker will review the document and inform you of any missing or additional requirements.

After uploading a document, a confirmation screen will appear stating, “Your file(s) were uploaded.” This indicates that your document has been received. Receipts for uploaded documents can be accessed on the “Document Center” page, where you can view them for up to 12 months.

What should I do if I encounter an error message during document upload?

To prevent errors while uploading a document, consider the following methods:

  1. Take a picture of the document using your phone and upload that file.
  2. Capture a screenshot of the image and upload that file. Supported file formats include jpg, jpeg, gif, png, tif, or pdf.
  3. Attempt to download the image on a different device and then upload it from that device.
  4. If the file size is too large, either reduce the camera resolution or fax the document to 1-866-886-4342.

Renew Benefits

Can I do my renewal on MyACCESS?

Certainly. On your dashboard, under the “Things to Do” section, locate the “Submit Renewal” header, and click the “Start your renewal” link if it’s time for you to complete your renewal.

How can I check the status of my renewal?

Visit your dashboard and navigate to ‘Your Applications and Cases’. There, you can check the status of your renewal.

What does ‘Renew Benefits’ mean?

Renewing benefits involves reviewing your eligibility for benefits and/or coverage. During this process, you may need to report changes in your address, family size, school, job, income, property, and expenses.

It’s important to note that each program has different requirements. To learn more about each program, you can refer to the Office of Economic Self-Sufficiency Program Information.

Report Changes

When do I need to report a change?

You are required to report any change within 10 days after it occurs. Keep in mind that different programs may have specific requirements for reporting changes.

For detailed information about each program’s reporting guidelines, you can refer to the Office of Economic Self-Sufficiency Program Information.


How and where do I use my Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT) Card?

  • You can utilize your EBT card at locations displaying the QUEST logo with remarks like “EBT Accepted Here.”
  • Sales tax does not apply to items purchased with FA/SNAP benefits.
  • Cash benefits can be withdrawn at ATMs featuring the Quest Logo.
  • Cash benefits can be withdrawn from Bank of America, Chase, Presto, and Wells Fargo ATMs with no fees.
  • Purchases with cash and cash back with a purchase are allowed where available.
  • Cash benefits cannot be used outside the State of Florida for more than 30 days.
  • Food Assistance can be used in all 50 states.

How do I find my EBT balance?

The most reliable way to check your balance is by referring to your last receipt. Alternatively, you can obtain your balance through the ebtEDGE website or app, or by calling the EBT Customer Service number (1-888-356-3281) found on the back of your card. Enter your sixteen (16) digit EBT card number to hear your current food assistance or cash account balance(s).

You can also check your Temporary Cash Assistance balance at an ATM and your Food Assistance or Temporary Cash Assistance balance at a Point of Sale (POS) machine.

Helpful hints:

  • If your benefits have not been deposited into your account, visit
  • Benefits are deposited once a month on your issuance date, by 6 am.
  • Unused benefits will roll over each month.
  • Accounts without any activity for 9 consecutive months will have benefits expire.

How to replace a lost, damaged, or stolen EBT card?

  1. Look under “What else would you like to do?” on your Dashboard for the “Card Replacement” option.
  2. Click on “Request a replacement EBT or Medicaid Card” and follow the prompts.

What can I buy with my Food Assistance/SNAP Benefits?

You can purchase any food for the household, including:

  • Fruits and vegetables
  • Meat, poultry, and fish
  • Dairy products
  • Breads and cereals
  • Seeds and plants produce food for the household

What can’t I buy with my Food Assistance/SNAP Benefits?

You CAN NOT use FA/SNAP benefits to buy:

  • Beer, wine, liquor, cigarettes, or tobacco
  • Vitamins, medicines, and supplements (items with a Supplement Facts label are considered supplements)
  • Live animals (except shellfish, fish removed from the water, and animals slaughtered before pick-up from the store)
  • Foods that are hot at the point of sale
  • Nonfood items like pet foods, cleaning supplies, paper products, household supplies, hygiene items, and cosmetics.

What if I forget my PIN or want to change my PIN?

Contact EBT Customer Service at 1-888-356-3281.

What is the EBT Client Website?


Login/Create an Account

Do I need to have an active case to use MyACCESS?

No, you can log in at any time to review information for your recently submitted applications and your existing case.

I forgot my password. How do I reset it?

You can reset your password from the Login screen. Click the “Forgot your password?” link and follow the prompts.

If I have a case, should I create an account?

Yes, creating an account is beneficial. Click ‘Create an Account’ from the Homepage. Then, log in and link your existing case from the Dashboard.

Is creating an account the same as applying?

No, creating an account does not apply. After creating an account, log in, and click the “Apply For Benefits” link to apply. If you already receive benefits, you can click the “Link to your benefits” button to start managing your information in the MyACCESS portal.

What if I forgot my username?

Your username is your email. If you have forgotten the email address you used or lost access to it, you will need to create a new account and link it to your benefits. It’s a good idea to let us know, and we can revoke the inactive account.

Why do I have to use an email address to create an account?

An email address helps secure your account and can be useful if you forget your password in the future.

Other Resources

How can I get information on my Medicaid Provider?

Call the Florida Statewide Medicaid Managed Care Helpline at 1-877-711-3662 or visit Florida Medicaid Managed Care.

How do I change my Medicaid Provider?

Call the Florida Statewide Medicaid Managed Care Helpline at 1-877-711-3662 or visit Florida Medicaid Managed Care.

What if I’m homeless?

In the application process, we provide instructions on how to report an address when you are homeless. If you need assistance determining what to enter, you can get help at a community partner location, a local service center, or call our Customer Call Center at 1-850-300-4323.

Homeless means you are:

  • Staying in a supervised shelter, halfway house, or similar place
  • Staying at the home of another person or family for no more than 90 days straight
  • Sleeping in a place not designed for, or normally used as, a place to sleep (a hallway, a bus station, a lobby, or similar)

Where can I get help to file my taxes?

Did you earn less than $59,187 in 2022? You may be eligible for an Earned Income Tax Credit of up to $6,935. For more information on where to find free tax assistance in your area, call the IRS at 1-800-829-1040.

Who can I reach out to if I have questions about my case?

Contact the Customer Call Center at 850-300-4323. You may also go to your local service center or community partner. Find an office on the website: ESS Storefronts and Lobbies.